Monday, April 19, 2010

Catching Up To Do!

    As you all know per Doc Orders I have had 1 Month Off from high intensity workouts. Basically in that month (3 days to go) I have done Walking, Jogging, and some Slow Running anywhere from 2-7miles. But this is nothing close to what I am use to. After working Saturday at Rogue and seeing all my running buddies I had the itch so bad, I needed the burn of a hard workout once again, I figured that I had already been pushing what the Doc had told me and all stitches are still in place so it was time. 4 Days Early (Sunday) I went to the Gym and did a .50mile Sprint Run + 1000m Row x3 Rounds, it killed me, I felt like it was my first workout I had ever done BUT I did it and it felt so wonderful. On both the Run and Row I was about 1min slower than before the 1 month break. After that Cassie (swimmer daughter) and I decided to go Swim Laps for 20mins, I had not done any swimming since the summer time and it felt great.
So I would say I have some "Catching Up To Do" to get back where I was but I AM BACK AND BACK WITH A VENGEANCE...

On the Books -

1st = Cox Family Challenge this week. We made it through Saturday and Sunday with NO eating out, living on Fresh Farmers Market Food so we decided to take it one step further, a WHOLE WEEK of no eating out.

2nd = 10k Trail Run May (last one of series), 1-2 Sprint Tri's this season, and then time for my Half Marathon Season (SA-Nov, 3M-Jan, Austin-Feb) decided this was my Half Marathon Season, time for PRs and Enjoyment, some shorter Run Races in between.

3rd = Taking time off from food logging. After this month I am extremely focused on eating healthy. I am allowing to keep Coffee w/ small amounts of Low Fat Milk and for sweet cravings Organic Dark Chocolate. Eating Out very little and mostly living on as much Farm Fresh items as I can.

Life is Good, I feel Refreshed and Ready to Kick Ass!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment