Sunday, February 21, 2010

Meat, Eggs, Veggies, Fruit, Nuts, OH MY!!! OH YES :)

It is that Time, Time to get back to Training, New Goals, and Eating Healthy. 

A week ago I had finished a Marathon and for the last 7 days it has been a Whatever Week.  Whatever I feel like eating and Whatever I feel like doing as far as Rest, Recovery, Exercise.  I have enjoyed my week and its has been good Mentally and Physically to just be OFF, but I have to admit I am ready for the New Chapter in my life and Ready for Healthy Eating again.

Week in Review -
  • Mon 2/15-Tues 2/16 = Rest, Recover, Hydrate.  Really Sore and Tired Mon & Tues.
  • Wed 2/17 = CrossFit - Barefoot due to blisters, Stretches/Roll Out/Arm & Upper Body Wkout.
  • Thurs 2/18 = 90min Massage.  Ready for Healthy Food again.  Hit the wall w/ Junk and made Dinner.  Squash, Mushrooms, Onion/Garlic, Ground Beef, Tomatoe Sauce = YUMMY! Felt good to eat a Paleo Meal again.
  • Fri 2/19 = CrossFit - 5 Days after Marathon did my 1st Run during WOD, Legs and Feet on Fire.  WOD = 20mins - Run, 5 Step Ups, 10 Pushups, 15 Squats to Ball = 4 Rounds w/ Run & 7 Total Rounds.  50 Situps + 50 4lb Zig Zag Abs.  Even though it hurt I was glad I pushed through and did it b/c in the end I felt better.
  • Sat 2/20 = Worked 4hrs - Tired and Bad Allergies - Rested the rest of day.
  • Sun 2/21 = My Last FREE Day - But I can honestly say I am Mentally Ready to get on to my New Goals and Back to Good Paleo Eating.  Today I am Randomly throughout the Whole Day doing Squats, Pushups, Situps, Crunches :)
So that Ends My Week.  Tomorrow Starts Off with Fresh Ideas, Fresh New Goals, and Fresh Food.  I can now, through all of the emotions I have gone through this week be proud of myself for finishing the Austin Marathon 2010 and the 6months of Hard Training I put into it, not only the Training but coming back from my death bed basically. 

It is good to see how far I came in the 6months and I am so Excited to see where the next 3months take me.  So follow along with me and see what happens :)

2 comments:

  1. GOOD FOR YOU!!! I'm starting over...again...tomorrow!!! Probably won't do CF at the gym/park, but I've been getting some things so that I can do it here at the house :) Gonna get a spiral notebook to keep a log of everything too! Helps a LOT to do that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suz -- Way to go! It usually takes me at least 2 weeks post-marathon to get a grip on my eating and lazing around. You jumped right back in the swing of things! I'm not sure if you've tried this paleo "lasagna" dish, but it has become a staple in our household. It makes a huge pan and fed us for lunch and dinner for most of a week.

    http://everydaypaleo.com/2010/02/11/paleo-lasagna/

    I substitute eggplant for zucchini, add spinach, and replace the black olives with mushrooms. Next time I would add even more veggies. It's a very meaty dish. : )

    Congrats on your commitment!

    ReplyDelete